This blog will make more sense if you read it from the bottom upwards!

Sunday 9 May 2010

Research Trip: The View




These photographs and our trip over the river on the Ferry reminded me of a discussion we had in the workshop about the way the Wirral and Liverpool relate to each other. 'The best view of Liverpool is from this side' Louise said, and someone else told me that Birkenhead was for the posh people, and the city of Liverpool meant for the workers.

Here's what I saw as I stood on the rocky Esplanade at Rock Park and looked over the water to Liverpool, where I'd come from on the Ferry earlier that morning.

2 comments:

  1. I love the photos as i said you just cant get these images from the otherside ,Liverpool and BIRKENHEAD WILL ALWAYS BE LINKED BUT IN LOTS OF WAYS YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THE DIFFERENCES AWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou

    thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm not very good at taking pictures but I'm really pleased that these seem to have worked out well! I love how blue they all look. It reminds me of how windy and cold that day was.

    I think you're right about the links and the differences too. The thing I like best about the discussions we've been having during the workshops is how much I have learned about how unique the Wirral is, and how connected to other places in the region and the world.

    It isn't really 'out on a limb' at all... even if the water sometimes makes you feel like it is.

    ReplyDelete