This blog will make more sense if you read it from the bottom upwards!

Sunday 9 May 2010

Research Trip: Film Footage



If you play this film you can hear a little bit of the tour-guide's speech we listened to when we were on the Ferry. It's the second time I've heard it now. They played the Ferry Cross the Mersey Song too, but I didn't catch that.

It was as cold, grey and windy as it looks. After twenty minutes or so Dot, Keith and I gave up and fled inside to sit down and warm up and Keith presented me with the gift of a Kit-Kat from the on-board cafe.

Dot told me about her days using the Ferry to commute from the Wirral to her job in the BT offices in Liverpool. Apparently the business commuters in suits and bowler hats used to walk around the top deck of the ferry to get their exercise in the morning, and she was always tempted to walk too.... just against the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment