This blog will make more sense if you read it from the bottom upwards!

Sunday 9 May 2010

Reasearch Trip: Waste Ground II






I wonder what Barbara at Derelict Stories would make of this view from the pub? It isn't pretty, but things don't need to be pretty to be interesting - just like stories don't need to have morals or meanings or happy endings to be worth reading.

I think I'm better at taking pictures of details rather than the bigger picture. Maybe that's because of the sort of writer I am. I need to train myself to think about structure rather than sentences and both are important.

I love the picture of the pipes running through the bit of old cement. I've been practising taking pictures a lot recently and I think I'm getting better at working my camera. This bit of cement made me think of a musical instrument of some kind.

2 comments:

  1. I love that image and have the very same one. Windows to a forgotten world.

    The glass may be gone but the ghosts live on.

    Every breath of wind whispers a story in my ears.
    Not quite Narnia but a land that time had forgotten. Left to the flora and fauna to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara

    I thought you would like them. There's something very mysterious and exciting about derelict and broken buildings, isn't there?

    I wonder what will happen to those buildings when they do up that area. I've heard that sometimes they recycle the bricks to make new places and I really like that idea.

    ReplyDelete