This blog will make more sense if you read it from the bottom upwards!

Thursday 17 June 2010

Back Online!

Sorry everyone - I've not been commenting on blogs much because I've been unwell. I am much better now though, and have been catching up with your writing and blogging all afternoon.

Even though I've not been working on my computer, I've still been working on the project. Here are some of the things I've been up to. They might give you some ideas!

  • recording audio files of me reading my stories in case these can be used on the final website.
  • looking for photographs of Birkenhead Park on Flickr with a creative commons license which means I can use them for my story. There are hundreds to look at here. As I wasn't well enough to come back to The Wirral to take my own photographs, I thought about using one of these. If you want to do the same thing, make sure you contact the photographer first and ask permission!
  • I've been thinking about the structure of my story: I've decided on f0ur 250 word flash fictions set in different areas that are linked by a journey. It's very tricky!
  • thinking about my logo. The themes of my writing are: ghosts, lost voices, the past, hidden people and ordinary things that we might not notice if we pass them every day. Barbara seems really good at coming up with icons for people. I wonder what she'd choose for me?
Thanks for being patient with me, everyone. I will be back posting at this blog again and commenting on your blog posts. If you need any help from me, you know where to get in touch.

2 comments:

  1. hi sorry you have not been well but hopefully all fit and well now i like your ideas for stories and wonder what icon you will have some days i think i am getting the hand of this blogging malarky and other days i am shouting at ALFIE thats the computer by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou

    my computer has been playing up today too - my internet connection keeps failing which means when I'm in the middle of posting something I can't always be sure that it has gone on-line properly. It's really frustrating, isn't it? Maybe I should name my computer too - although I find swearing at it and kicking the box helps a bit...

    ReplyDelete